Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy at school

I have been swamped with projects at school. My group for one class had our final fitting with our fit model and it took a lot of effort to get ready for that.

I drafted, cut out, and sewed a pair of pants for another class. They have turned out well - much better than I had hoped. I made 3 muslins during the drafting process, then once I had a muslin I really liked, I made a pair of shorts to test the pattern out. Last step was to cut into the linen blend fabric for my pants. I also am making another pair in a black twill and a tan twill.

I will post pictures after I get my pants back from being graded. My next project for that class is knocking off a very cute dress by adapting a shirtdress pattern that I already have. I'm having to size it up and insert all the style details.