Check out my other blogs

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Starting two quilts

I haven't been much of a quilter and wondered why people would find it satisfying to cut up yardage just to sew it back together in shapes.  But, now I am starting two quilts!  The last quilt I made was a tied Quilt in a Day for my daybed in high school.  Long time ago and a very simple quilt.

Quilt one will be the Double Nine Patch:


 from the "More Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts" book.

I really like the designs in this book and hope to make several others.  It's a nice blend of modern and traditional.


 I'm using all Moda Fabrics in this quilt.  The first three pics are of the Reunion jelly roll.


Here are the sashing, Bella Solids in gray, and the backing fabric, Reunion Dates (in Vanilla).  I love the grays and the modern feel of the fabrics.  Hopefully, this will be a lovely quilt when finished.









My second quilt is from the Craftsy Block of the Month series.  My mom is working on one and it caught my interest.  I signed up for the free series today.  I can't wait to figure out what fabrics I want to use and get going on it.

Craftsy Block of the Month

No comments:

Post a Comment