Check out my other blogs

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Travel/conference wardrobe planning

Just started to plan out a travel wardrobe for the Textile Society of America symposium in September - in Washington, DC!  I need my clothes to be professional and have a rather neutral color palette.  I am drawn to bright colors, but the academics I admire don't wear a lot of color in a professional setting.  Maybe a jazzy scarf...

So, I am basing the wardrobe around the color pale taupe.  And my base jackets will be with pockets from Saf-T-Pockets patterns.  I like the look of #2009 Flounce About Jacket.  It reminds me a lot of the jacket I bought to wear to the Costume Society of America conference in May, with a peplum look to the bottom of the jacket.  Here's a link to the pattern:

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details_v2.asp?Store_id=413&page_id=23&Item_ID=1197 

There is also a nice Travel Tips section on the website, with wardrobe planning and travel planning worksheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment