Check out my other blogs

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cut out and sewn up in one day!

It's been ages since I have made a garment so quickly.  Of course, it helps that this tunic is a Kwik Sew pattern (3203 tunic and pull on pants).  I have had this rayon blend in my stash for awhile.  The print is by Robert Kaufman and it might be from fabric.com in about 2003.  Don't exactly remember.

I tried to plan out where the motifs would fall to avoid highlighting my bust area, but I'm not sure how well I succeeded.  I'll try it on tomorrow and take photos again.

Finished tunic

Slit opening at CF neckline

Pretty bird motif

Here's the dart and bust point.  Oops, not sure how this will look.

I also cut out a little seersucker summer top, using pattern McCall's 6035.  I will get sewing on it tomorrow.

Happy sewing!

Update:  photo taken

Giving my husband camera instructions while having one's photo taken - not such a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. Your tunic looks wonderful! I'm making this one now and found your post on Pattern Review.Com. I'm inspired by your garment!

    ReplyDelete