Check out my other blogs

Monday, July 15, 2019

Trip to Anaheim!

I took a student and my mom to Anaheim, California, at the end of June for the 2019 FCCLA National Leadership Conference!

We flew from our little, local airport through Salt Lake City to John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Such a quick and easy trip! We flew at noon on Friday then went to the hotel to check in. After getting settled, we went to Seal Beach and enjoyed a delicious dinner and time in the water.

On Saturday, we were up bright and early to spend the day at Disneyland. Had a blast and didn't go on Splash Mountain early enough. Mom LOVED Splash Mountain and having wet clothes would have kept us much cooler all afternoon.

Did conference stuff on Sunday and then visited Disneyland again on Monday. Even better the second time!

On Tuesday, I was priviledged to listen to a talk by Gemma Stafford, of Bigger Bolder Baking. I love her site and use it with my students all the time because she has great videos and appealing recipes. They are easy to make for students, too. That evening, I completed my first 5K Run / Walk! I walked and it was tiring and fun. We were at the Angels stadium and unfortunately, their pitcher had just been found deceased that morning. I was sorry our party happened to coincide with that sad day.

I was able to visit the Richard Nixon Presidential Library on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I could only stay a short time due to other responsibilities, but Mom stayed for a longer time. I enjoyed it and would love to go back. I only knew President Nixon for the Watergate scandal and China. He did so much more. Interesting place!

This visit made me miss California so much, even though I always lived in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's so vibrant and busy! I would love to live in So Cal and be an annual passholder to Disneyland :-)



















No comments:

Post a Comment