Check out my other blogs

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Starting a cross stitch project and some life updates

Going to be working on the Boo Crew Mystery Stitch Along! 

It's been awhile since I have blogged and a LOT of things are changing for me. My boyfriend and I are moving into a 30' 5th wheel next week to live on property that has to be cleared (by us) before we can build a house. So I am trying to be strategic in what I bring into the 5th wheel with me because of limited space.

Our 5th Wheel RV
The 5th Wheel sitting in our driveway!

Joe in his spot

Joe and Teddy both love being in the RV. I had a slightly small twin quilt that an aunt found at a garage sale. It's the perfect size to cover the jackknife sofa. Joe's snuggled in to his favorite blanket from his grandma and he runs and jumps right up there as soon as he gets in the RV.

My Singer 301 is coming along, and I am packaging up some quilt and sewing projects in soft bags to put under the jackknife sofa. I am so lucky that my boyfriend owns a building in town with a huge unused office space and I am going to set up a complete sewing studio there. But I want to have projects in the RV, too, for evenings and down time. 

I bought a Flexispot desk and I'm so excited to get to use it every day for working at home and for my crafts. I have to change up sitting and standing for my back health and this desk also tilts for drawing and coloring. 

Desk in the RV - it will slide to the far right after we set up in our RV site, it's just over here to travel.

Desk with the drawing section raised

I have wanted a sitting & standing desk for a long time, but now I need it more than ever as I left Jerome High School and am starting at an online-only public school! Exciting and a little scary to change schools. I'll work from home from this awesome desk.

This week, in addition to packing and decluttering, I'm cutting out some knit PJs for summer and I'll quickly sew them together on the serger. My mom gave me her serger when she upgraded and now I have a 5 thread!



No comments:

Post a Comment