Check out my other blogs

Monday, April 23, 2012

More quilt bocks

Last night, I completed two more blocks.  I'm finding the blocks make a good break from working on my thesis.  It's definitely reducing my stress & anxiety levels.

Chunky Chevron Block

Balkan Puzzle Block
The Balkan Puzzle Block was constructed using the technique where 2 layers of fabric are sewn together in a square, all around the outside, and then the blocks are cut into 4 pieces on the diagonal.  The Chunky Chevron used the technique that is more traditional - 2 layers of fabric, one marked on the diagonal, have 2 seams sewn onto each - each one sewn 1/4" from the line.  Then they are cut into 2 pieces along the drawn line.  I actually liked the traditional way better.  Either way, however, I am happy with how they came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment